Friday 20 January 2012

7 My Secret Desire!

Doodling stick men in the sands of Byron Bay, pondering life, I heard a tap on the door of my soul, ‘what would you truly love to do?’

‘Write and Travel!’ 
Huh?  ‘What did you say?’  
‘You heard me!’

Scattered images of people in outlying places flashed through my mind.
‘Well that was pretty broad…. Not much direction there’ I thought!

 ‘Ordinary people, doing extraordinary things in ‘their’ world.’

‘Huh?’ Ordinary – extraordinary?
‘Not the blatant famous people, they have had their lives scrutinized and recorded to the nth degree to a place where it has become commonplace and boring.’

People who have risen above their own inner restrictions and decided to ‘Live a Life Worth Living’, by following their essence.

It may not be extraordinary by society's standards, yet it is epic to them.

A few months later I received one of those e-mails you can’t remember subscribing to, yet must have.
‘Travel Writing!’

Travel writing?  I haven’t written before or the desire.
Then that fateful vision flooded into my mind, yes that thought on a beach in Byron Bay, and so, a
‘Secret Desire’  came to light.

Several months later, I involuntarily picked up a pen and writing paper.
A thought flashed in my mind of a heading or title.
My pen feverously slid across the paper.
Before the pen had stopped, another heading or title flashed in my mind, the pen responded in kind.
Then another, and another until there was 10 in total.

I was quite oblivious as to what I was writing, I know that sounds strange, yet it occurred at such speed and fuidicy there was no time to think, just do.
Then it stopped!

Sitting back to read them, I noticed a pattern and a vague vision.


What were these to become? What would be the content?

Wait, it will come in time. 


Elements of the contents would appear, just snippets here and there.

In due course I could see the writing and the travel, as vague as it was, nonetheless there was and facet missing. 
An element of space, freedom, simplicity, and accessibility to people was needed.
Again, it was allowed to rest.

Enter, a Softail Deluxe, completing the picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment