Friday 30 December 2011

2 The Next Step

I still do not know the whys or where this is taking me, then, remembering Laozi’s quote;

“A journey of a thousand miles 
begins with the first step”


Getting stuck asking the how’s limits us, there are so many possibilities we could not envision.
Take a step and it will land on solid ground, giving direction to the next step.

So, the first step….. writing my thoughts gave my mind and body temporary reprieve.
“Stop asking ‘how’” I screamed. Just keep taking the steps!

Trusting my writings, they were given to a select few; their expectant feedback sparked a glimmer of faith.
I pondered a different question, 

“What’s the next step?”  The answers came.

Next…..”Broaden your words.”
I let go and wrote my first blog, sending it to everyone I knew.



Next…..”Record the journey.”
Camera in hand, we set off to the park and filmed our first video. 
We knew it had to be real, raw and from the very beginning.








 




Next…..”See and feel where you want to be.”
Off to the Harley Davidson dealership in Alexandria.


Momentum was building!


Standing there in all her shining glory, the gleaming Softail Deluxe beckoned me yet again, 
“Sit, absorb the familiarity, you are on your way.” She said.

Respite warmed my body. I exhaled.




As I sat, basking in a vision and her magnificence, my daughter asked me if I knew where the accelerator was.

Y.E.S.! the right hand handle bar!  Then she said “which way do you turn it?”  Forward of course!


I glanced towards the young salesman sitting on a bike watching our actions, he slowly shook his head.
Really?  I tested it, dam!

Ok, a mere formality,
I would have worked it out when I wasn't moving forward!
"Where are the brakes, clutch etc.,?"  my daughter asked!
Most I pointed to was wrong!

The salesman's face broke out into a bemused smile.
God knows what he was thinking!


All of a sudden I felt ditzy and clueless.
The obvious stuck me........I can't ride a bike!  
Why hadn't I considered that before?

Trepidation set in once again, movement came to a shattering halt!

That seed growing inside my body blinded me.
Your body will let you know when you are two stepping backwards.
It screams at you, you feel sick; anxiety sets in; slowly take a deep breath and ask;
"What's the next step?"

I leaned forward and whispered to the Softail;

"You are the one who dragged me into this!  
Why?      What are you doing to me?"

The Softail responded;
"Be patient,  keep moving"  she appears to know what needs to be done until we meet again.  So glad one of us knows!

Slowly closing me eyes,  I inhaled deeply,  
"Have faith,  keep taking the steps."


Next........
Off to learn to ride a bike.....motorbike!

1 comment:

  1. thanks everyone for your continued support in my vision! So grateful....

    ReplyDelete